It’s the last year of my 20s, so it’s time to prove to myself that I can do something big.
This year is the last year of my 20s and I have a bit of a weird feeling about it. I was always a little scared of turning 30, but the closer I get to the big Three Oh the less apprehensive I’m feeling about it. But, as this is a big year, it is time for some big challenges to really get things moving.
So, in the interest of accountability, here are the challenges I’m setting myself this year. All of these are in line with my Big Hairy Audacious Goals that I set myself last year.
1. Post 365 articles to Medium — I’ve always wanted to grow my Medium, as it’s a great social network to meet new creators and founders. I’ve always thought it would be a great channel for businesses to utilise and I need to start practicing what I preach!
2. Post 365 videos to TikTok — I have horrific camera anxiety and have done since I was little. I never really liked the sound of my voice or the way I look. For winter term, my last Uni assignment was to create a social media account on a platform we’ve never used. I decided to jump on TikTok to rid myself of my camera anxiety, and it worked. I want to keep my camera confidence and push it further, so I will keep this up.
3. Post 365 feed posts on my personal brand Instagram — Instagram is a channel that I seem to get the most enquirers about as a marketing consultant, and it is the channel that everyone wants to “crack”. So I have restarted my profiles and will start posting as often as I can with the aim of growing them.
4. Hit 1,000 on my personal brand Instagram — As I’m posting every day, I want to set myself a follower goal. I aim to build my platform to get 1,000 followers by the end of this year, with a stretch goal of 3,000
5. Post 365 feed posts on my agency brand Instagram — As with my personal brand, I want to grow my agency Instagram page. It has a slightly different tone of voice and audience to my personal brand so it will be interesting to see what types of content perform better on both channels.
6. Write 365,000 words in a year — This is a goal I’ve always wanted to hit, but never quite got there. As I will be posting to Medium so much, I want to build a writing habit, and hitting the word count seems like a goal to reach for.
7. Read 14 Books — Last year I managed to build a reading habit. Reading is something I’ve never really thought about adding to my day, but last year I started to set time aside to read and managed to finish 12 books. This year I want to try to increase that to 14 as I found my reading time to be quite inspiring.
8. Launch Apputee — Apputee is a project that I’ve been working on for some time and 2022 is the year that I want to get it off the ground. There’s a lot of work to be done, but I think I can do it!
These goals also feed into each other as I can repurpose the medium content onto TikTok and Instagram. I can also talk about what I’ve learned on many other channels.
Lydia Carrick is a marketing strategist and founder of Lennie & Stan, an agency for small businesses. When she’s not marketing or writing, she can be found drinking Cherry Pepsi Max and hanging out on Instagram